Monday, 21 March 2016

My Team Princess interview for Queen Sian's blog.


The wonderful Queen Sian over at Me, Myself amd M.E is running a series of interviews with members of Team Princess ahead of our fundraising campaign for M.E Awareness Day in May. Below are my answers to Sian's questions which are also available to view along with other, forthcoming Princess interviews on her blog.

Last year dressed as Sleeping Beauty.
Interview with Princess Mookpixie
Member of Team Princess since 2014


When were you diagnosed? And were you ill for long before then?

I was diagnosed in October 2012, just over a year after first becoming ill.

What did you do before you had ME?

I was a Reception teacher.


How did ME first present itself in you?

Chest infecton/sinus infection that wouldn't go away, followed by complete bodily melt down.


What is the biggest thing that you miss that ME has stopped you from doing?

Dancing and listening to music, reading books, independence, walking, being able to go wherever I want whenever I want...... to name but a few.


How do you remain hopeful and/or happy?

I remind myself of the many reasons I have to be grateful. I also think back to how I was at my worst point and celebrate how far I have come both physically and mentally. Getting upset or angry will not change my life or make me well so I  am determined to enjoy myself as much as my limited energy will allow. I laugh more now and feel happier and more confident about myself than I did when I was healthy. 


What were your reasons for joining The Princesses and ME/ Team Princess?

It just seemed like a fun thing to do and a great chance to make friends. 

 
Do you have any specific plans for what you are going to do for the event?

I have my costume at the ready although I still need a few accessories. I'm thinking outside the box this year because I'm not really into princessy stuff. I'll be active on social media for the day as I'll be on my own so won't be able to go out.


If you had 3 wishes what would they be?

For me and my spoonie chums to get well.
A cure for ME.
To be happy.

NB: Sian pointed out that most princesses would probably wish for something very similar so I'd like to add that I'd like to win the euromillions so that I can build 'Spoonie Mansions' - a respite home for chronically ill folk comprising of a main communal building, individual chalet living quarters for privacy and quiet, personal butlers, and golf buggies for transportation around the complex.

 
Which Disney Princess do you most relate to?

I'm not really into Disney and relate much more to badass swashbuckling princesses. If I had to choose a Disney princess, I'd go for Jasmine from Aladdin because she sneaks out of the palace dressed as a commoner so she can have adventures.  

You'll have to wait until 12th May to find out which princess I'll be dressing as this year. I can't wait to get my princess on!

No comments:

Post a Comment