Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Going Gluten Free

My pain levels have reduced dramatically since I cut wheat from my diet. The few occasions where I have accidentally had something with gluten in have left me feeling terrible almost immediately after eating. It's quite a task working out what I can and can't eat. Some 'Gluten Free' products still contain small amounts of wheat which is fine for coeliacs but not for people like me with a wheat intolerance. There are also plenty of products not marketed as Gluten Free that supposedly don't contain wheat whereas others have wheat hidden in the guise of malt, barley, malt vinegar or even in ingredients you wouldn't expect to find wheat, like Soy Sauce. There has been a lot of trial and error involved in this process and it's an ongoing experiment to find things I can eat that taste nice and won't make me feel rubbish. I thought I would share my findings here so you lot can join me on my voyage through the wheat-free world of culinary delights!

I'll be posting photos, reviewing quality and taste etc so keep an eye on my 'Gluten Free Goodies' page as all GF posts are linked to automatically show up there to save you trawling through all my other nonsense. Aren't I kind? A lot of the food will be ready-made as I'm not well enough yet for making more than a sandwich. I'm also not the most inspiring chef at the best of times so if it's recipes you're after then this probably isn't the blog for you. Yet. Who knows - as my health improves, so too might my cooking skills.

So........ watch this space as I share my experiences as often as my limited energy allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment