Thursday, 10 November 2011

Going blank again

So yesterday was a good day. My aches and pains were reduced to almost nil and I felt really positive. In celebratory mood, I decided to clean the oven - I lead such a glamorous life! You can tell you're getting older when your idea of bliss is a nice shiny oven. And that is indeed what I have for the first time since we moved in over 2 years ago. I almost don't want to use it now and get it all dirty again. I think it's safe to say I definitely need to get out more.

By bedtime I still felt pretty great and even began thinking about work and all the things I have already missed plus the things I would need to catch up on. In the cold light of day I think I may have been getting ahead of myself a bit as today I feel knackered. As usual, by exerting myself yesterday, I now find I feel washed out and achey. It is such a fine balance between too much resting and too much activity but I figure I need to do things like oven cleaning to keep active and then if I am tired the next day it is at least a way of working out how my body is coping. Because that's the key here - I am getting better. I may feel tired and worn out today but I don't feel as tired or achey as previous days. Hopefully I won't feel as tired for as long either. I think if I rest today then tomorrow I should feel ok again and then can maybe do something a bit more active. It may be small steps but I will still get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment